[no subject]

I hate the Celtics. Watching them play like fairies and
girlie-men on defense for three quarters and deservedly
blow this game showed me a lot about their questionable
character.

There were again redeeming qualities in the clockwork-
like disgraceful ESPN/ABC performances by the Celtics. We
are a team that relies entirely on lucky if indefatigable
Antoine play merely to stay within 7 to 10 points of
ultimately going nowhere opponents, that still being all
that prevented us tonight from getting torched by a
sickening thirty points as per usual in front of live
national audiences.

I can put midseason slumps in perspective, but calling
the 3-6 Celtics "overrated" gives us too much credit. Its
a matter of heart. We completely wasted several uncommon
offensive performances again with team defense so
disgusting even Pitino's career .470 FG% allowed would be
a massive upgrade. I'd take that in a NY minute over how
we are playing now. Its been a terrible month and I'm
glad I missed seeing most of this actual horseshit live
on TV. I shouldn't take it personally, but seeing it even
once in awhile makes me sick to my stomach. Everything
bad about the NBA, we personify it.

The only positive in this game was a slight intimation
that Kedrick Brown will be a regular crunch-time 4Q
player for some team, despite his flaws and possibly
insurmountable inexperience in terms of court sense. He
has the distinctive body balance stance as well as
defensive explosiveness of a Sonics-era Dennis Johnson.
When he was in there, I felt the Celtics closed within
range of maximum defensive credentials, which also tends
to translate into greater confidence and explosive team
output on the other end. The kid finally showed a bit of
presence out there.

Both McCarty and Kedrick are capable of igniting team
momentum off the defensive end or else disappointing the
team with their cluelessness on both ends, and it is Obie
Kenobe's job to figure out who deserves to play in the 4Q
of games. They have rare skills as well as painful
stupidity and fallibility. In general, all our players
including the captains are fallible and flawed.

Portland, now 9-1 in the last ten games, showed what 53
million more in payroll can do for you when trouncing NBA
minnows.

I'd like to leave it at that, but it hurts to watch the
Celtics play like sissies in this 3-6 run. I call them
sissies because I don't want to admit that they are
vastly disappointing and playing over their heads. If you
allow 50% shooting over a ten game stretch or so, you
deserve a worse fate. Luck has actually been on our side.

The first time I was old enough to follow the Celtics in
minute notebook-filling detail was in a 29-win year
built around Cornbread Maxwell, Jeff Judkins and McAdoo-
doo. So if they suck that bad again not a thing will
falter in terms of my interest in the team, as the last
decade proves for everyone on this list. But I hate the
Celtics right now for tonight's performance. I haven't
seen the numbers crunched, but they may be the worst
defensive team in the NBA right now during this stretch.
To state the obvious, no amount of offensive heroics will
save this team from losing consistently. They better
realize this. Or else realize it is hopeless talent-wise
on defense and give up on making the playoffs and a
certain first round elimination right now. This was a
game I wanted so badly for the Celtics to walk home. I'm
now able to accept that we suck, if that has to be the
case.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?