and amidst all this ...

     Amidst all the Baker noise is the fact that, for the first time since
December 21, the Celtics are AHEAD of last year's pace?
     And the Celtics being the schizoid team they are (Good Antoine and Evil
Antoine quickly come to mind), don't you wish there were something to hate
about Vin Baker?  Yet everything we read says he is a very nice man, a good
teammate, and a man in some sort of totally unknown distress.  I don't recall
reading that he doesn't work hard, and he was in good shape at the start of
the year.  It isn't his fault that someone signed him to a $56M contract and
that some other fool took it over.  I mean, you really want to root for the
guy.  During the second Seattle game he made a little jumper.  The Celtic
bench leapt to its collective feet and Baker had a smile on his face that lit
the arena.  Get well, Vin.