Re: It's Possible Vin Baker Could Return From His Rehab A Contributing Player

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 12:53  PM, Way Of The Ray wrote:

> But two weeks?  Two weeks is a vacation, certainly not enough time
> to solve one of life's vexing problems. No, Vinnie needs about six
> months at some clinic, away from his enablers, to sober up and re-shape
> his social structure. And then, lots of after-care.  He shouldn't be
> seen
> in a Celtics uniform until training camp.
>
> Then it will be up to Management-O'Brien.
>
> O'Brien, after seeing the Celtics exploited in the upcoming playoffs by
> Payton/Kidd and a lack of an inside game, will have to be conducive
> to integrating a real PG and inside presence into his offense.
>
> However, that's not a sure thing for Mr. Stubborn and his over-reliance
> on the flawed
> defacto PG Walker, leading to the Celtics Rent-A-Shooter collection of
> PG
> impersonators.
>
> So, essentially both Baker and O'Brien have to change to engender
> success.
> Ray
> ********************

	Very clear and right on, in my opinion Ray.
	I'm sure some will bang you, for including O'Brien's stubbornness, in
a piece on the possible duration and success of Baker's re-hab, but
even Walker can see that Baker has tried hard and that O'Brien's
handling of the situation of Baker's role and playing time, have not
been conducive to good mental health, or as Walker implies, to the
benefit of the team.
	Of course Walker wouldn't have much to say about handing the
distributing over to a real point guard....:>)

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !