BSG Clarification on Baker Trade: Gaston Bashers, Wallace Supporters, Take Heed

Bill Simmons on the Zone clarified the events that went down with the
Baker trade. It turns out that Gaston, other than telling Wallace he
couldn't re-sign Rogers,  pretty much left everything up to Chris as far
as
further moves. And Wallace obliged, by coming up with two possible
deals.
One was a Kenny Anderson for Austin Croshere trade, that Gaston liked,
and
the other was of course, the Baker deal, that Wallace favored. And
Wallace
went with his favored deal, and the rest is history.

Simmons, who sounds like a combination of a serial killer and Jack
Nicholson on the radio,  said that Wallace needs to be FIRED.
I agree, but I think ownership will give him a chance to straighten
things out.

However, I disagree with Simmons assertion that the Baker deal is the
worst
trade in Boston sports history.  It still pales in comparison to the
Babe Ruth trade,
which has effected the psyches of generations of New England  fans, as
well as imparting a karmic void in Red Sox, that has yet to be overcome
after 85 years.
Ray