Seniors

My favorite college player is Steve Blake, the Maryland pg.  I like him even more than I did Tinsley.  As a soph he showed remarkable pg skills and since has matured, muscled up, developed his outside shot and become a major force on a good team.  To my knowledge, no one slots him in the first round, although I expect him to fall in the twenties.  I would take him in a moment at 18 or 22 or wherever we pick.  I don't expect it and I fear for his career if he became a Celtic, but I think he is a super prospect.

I also like Cook, the pf from Illinois.  He has a great body (looks to be 6'9") and rebounds well, shoots well, moves well.  He has better mobility than Songaila and a better offensive game along with better hops.  He would also be a good mid first rounder, I think.  (The one player I covet is Okafor of Conn.(not coming out);  I agree with Coach ? from Texas a few years back--he's the next Bill Russell.)

Looking forward to tournaments and the tournament.  Cheers.  Gene