Re: Inefficient scoring

In a message dated 2/26/03 1:40:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, Eggcentric
writes:

> <... yet last year's euphoria has become gloom.  Why? >- Doug
>
> Last season we had a highly respected BT with twelve brave men
> climbing the mountain.  We held to the myth that they would eventually
> reach the peak.

     And that myth has shattered; exactly.  Progress is measured by numbers,
and wins are The Number.  Last year was 49, so to perpetuate the myth, we
need 50 or more this year and ain't gonna get them.  Hence the gloom in which
I share.  What's the term from college history, "the revolution of rising
expectations" or some such.