Re: Inefficient scoring

In a message dated 2/26/03 11:53:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu writes:

> That's why my enthusiasm will be tempered if they do well this year in the
> playoffs. It's a little hard to imagine them going 11-15 the rest of the
> way,
> though, even if they lose every game to the better teams. It'll most likely
> be
> the worst of both -- not good enough to make a dent in the playoffs, not
> bad
> enough for the ownership to take notice.

--------Do you realize how strange that statement looks on the surface?  And
how accurate it is?  Success is failure ... sounds Orwellian.  But you are
absolutely right.  This team SHOULD be doing better than last year; if not,
we have to assume that the Pierce/Walker era has peaked.  And if it has
peaked, the future looks pretty grim, especially with Vin sitting in his
sweats counting his money.  What (realistically) would it take to make me
feel good about this year?  ECF again.  Anything less is failure.  Opinion:
do you think that 44 wins and a loss in round one is enough to "make
management take notice?"  A loss in round two?
     I come back to my usual comment:  this team is exactly where it was at
this stage last year, yet last year's euphoria has become gloom.  Why?
(Don't get me wrong - I sense the gloom, and there ain't no euphoria at this
keyboard!)
 - Doug