Vent Time-forever stuck in neutral

Its vent time for me, I need to let off some steam about my beloved Celts before I stroke out. I have stated in the past this list was my most reliable pipeline for my Celtics fix while overseas for 8 years. This year I get to watch the Celtics everytime they play - the joy of paying for cable. Comming back home this summer I had some pre-conceived opinions about the state of the Celtics Nation. That the Celtics built around Walker and then Pierce were much like the 76'ers when they had a team built around Barkley, possibly good, but flawed and one that would never really challenge for the ring. But after watching them on the tube thru the early part of this season and seeing flashes of ball movement and and unselfishness along with a defense that had not, and still has not reached its potential, along with possible later development of a low post option with Baker, to augment OBrien's offensive philosophy of long range carpet bombing from the outside, that maybe this flawed team might have enough pieces to improve over last year's run...... well now I am back to my Un-seen Celtics opinion that this team, though entertaining at times (when the long range shots are falling and Pierce is flying in from all angles), is not destined for anything better than low rung playoff mediocrity. This may be OK for the Atlanta's, Denvers, and Warriors of the world but it can never be for My/OUR Celtics.

The problem is that there is not a clear way to improve upon this team for at least 3 years after what everyone will agree is the worst concieved trade of any Boston sports team short of the Babe going to the Yanks. This is where I am going to vent.. What was our management thinking!!!!!!!????????? I have asked myself this almost everyday since THAT trade. Not only over THAT trade but the one preceding it, the shortsided trade-day deal that brought Delk and Rodgers (free agent) to us for J. Johnson and a number one. AUHHHHHG! Yes,  before that all was well in our Celtic Nation, I was happy with the knowledge that our Celts were learning what it took to win games and that they were focusing on making it to the playoffs since my Navy son was playing little league; All this with some fresh young developing talent and with KA to become a valued commodity this year with his expiring contract, plus "2" 1st rounders after this year, yes in my mind things were looking quite good for our Celts comming into this year and into next for building a real championship challenger..... that was until last years Dumb and Dumber trades that hit with the force of twin explosions rendering this team for at least the next 3 years a pretender, criminally squandering a solid window of opportunity. The problem does not lie with the players, not even with Baker, its the personnel brain trust and YES Obriens' coaching.  This "non movement without the ball offense" that says "go to a outside spot, drive, kickout and shoot" would not know what to do with a person establishing a low post position even if his name was Mchale let alone anyone in the league now. This is Obriens doing. Also not developing or jettisoning or knee jerking trades of young players because they dont shoot the 3 well enough without taking in account other obvious skills kills me. Pittino and Obrien both guilty as charged on this ... Mercer, Billups, Johnson, Forston and whos next Kendrick? Yes there were some ok moves to go along with this such as getting Batti!
e,  a #1 for Moiso (another young guy they had no intention of developing). I only mention the people they spent brain cells on picking or trading for here, never mind the players others have mentioned that conventional wisdom said they should or could have picked instead because that would really be using hindsight unfairly.... but what the heck I am venting, boy I should really get a life.  Other debilatating moves, the trade for Pots when Miller could have been had, The whole Anderson saga, that basically cost us Billups up front, gave us Baker on the backside, 3 yrs of total CAP hell, along with lost ooportunity to get a real deal done for KA this year, its OK folks the abulance will be here any second. What to do short of blowing this thing up? I would put a moritorium of any more deals done by this group, fire the whole lot of em, including Obrien and pray for miracles. There done,,, now I feel better... Go Celts!!!! I will be watching you to the end.....

Regman