Brown not on radar - Shira

''The deal is that he (Brown) has struggled from the perimeter with
his shot,'' said O'Brien. ''I'm putting players that can knock down the
three on a consistent basis.''  - Obie

''I'm still working on my shot. It's starting to come around a little
bit. Hopefully, when I get in there, I hit a couple shots and can stay in
the rotation.''  - Brown

Pathetic.

--------------------------
CELTICS NOTEBOOK

Add Sundov's name to list
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 2/21/2003

SACRAMENTO -- The Kings always present a challenge for the Celtics.
But last night the degree of difficulty was increased as Boston
entered the game with only 10 available players after Bruno Sundov
was placed on the injured list with a sprained right ankle yesterday
morning.

Although Sundov insisted the injury was legitimate, it really was
a move designed to clear space on the active roster for the
acquisition of Mark Blount and Mark Bryant. Sundov did not have the
ankle wrapped, nor was he walking with any apparent limp. The Celtics
announced that he's expected to miss 1-2 weeks. At the minimum,
he has to sit for the next five games.

''It just means that Tony Delk and J.R. Bremer are going to have to
play extended minutes,'' said coach Jim O'Brien. ''Barring any injury or
big foul trouble, that's what we have for the rest of the year.''

Brown not on radar

While the Celtics' six-game road trip has been memorable, it's probably
a journey second-year swingman Kedrick Brown would rather forget.
Entering last night's contest against Sacramento, Brown has seen
action in only one game -- the loss to Phoenix. He scored 3 points and
grabbed two rebounds in eight minutes. In the four other contests,
Brown had not played because of a coach's decision. He did play five
minutes last night, recording 2 points and two rebounds. ''The deal is
that he has struggled from the perimeter with his shot,'' said O'Brien.
''I'm putting players that can knock down the three on a consistent
basis.'' Brown has tried to make his perimeter game more consistent.
''Right now, I'm really not focused on anything,'' he said. ''I'm still
working on my shot. It's starting to come around a little bit.
Hopefully, when I get in there, I hit a couple shots and can stay in
the rotation.'' . . . Although O'Brien remains very concerned about
the state of the Celtics' defense, it was not the focus of practice
Wednesday or at shootaround yesterday morning. ''It's just a matter
of our guys understanding the importance and getting refocused as
a group on the defensive principles,'' he said.

Take the night off

Vin Baker was the only Celtic who did not see any action last night,
recording a DNP-coach's decision . . . Eric Williams shared his
thoughts on the Celtics' trade. ''Mark Blount gave us a presence
inside last year,'' Williams said. ''He was a big help with blocked
shots. It's good to pick up two good big guys with Mark Bryant also.
I like the trade. J.R. showed that he can fill the point guard role
and Tony Delk is the backup. That's how it is.'' Williams also
commented on the deal that sent Kenny Anderson back east to
New Orleans and Gary Payton to Milwaukee. ''It's good for Kenny.
Now, he's in a real playoff hunt and he can come in there and be
the starting point guard. As far as the rest of the trades, I guess
it was business. I guess Seattle didn't want to pay Gary Payton.''
Meanwhile, teammate Antoine Walker had ''no comment'' when it
came to the topic of yesterday's deals.