Another Wallace special

I'm sure someone will argue "Nothing to get worked up about..." but it IS
something to get worked up about. Once again we've traded the best player,
with the most value (because of ability and expiring contract), and thrown
in a second-round draft pick and cash, to get a guy who was totally inept
while here for a full two seasons. Apparently this is a guy we HAD TO HAVE
because Wallace's other hand-picked backup centers, Baker and Sundov, suck
so completely that they feel Blount is an upgrade. Think about that for a
second.

Shammond Williams remained a player who had the potential to come into any
game and pour in a quick 20 points. Was he consistent? No. Was he a guy we'd
resign after this season? I hope not. But for the remainder of this season,
he provided you with a sometimes explosive shooter and emergency point guard
off the bench. Is there any scenario where we can see Blount having that
kind of impact? Grant Long is worlds better than Blount isn't he?

What a bunch of morons.

Mark