Re: [Celtics' Stuff NBA in Demand/where's the game? !!!!!

I have good news--and really annoying news.

I finally talked to someone at the NBA about this, and here's what happened.

The League Pass no longer includes NBAtv.com - it was spun off as a
regular, honest-to-God network, with licensing fees for games, etc.

The plan was to roll it over seamlessly so satellite and cable customers
didn't miss anything, but something got screwed up.  They can't show the
moved games, because of the same restrictions for games on TNT, ABC, etc.

They weren't expecting a problem, so they were stuck when the rollover
happened in January.  There will be several more Celtics games on the new
network, and negotiations continue with the cable companies--including
mine, Cox Cable.  There is no word on the progress--or lack thereof.

If you have Echostar or Dish, you're all set.  Just check for the
appropriate games on the NBa channel instead of League pass.

I yelled at my cable provider for not giving any advance notice of
this--not to mention AFTER the fact--I had to call InDemand, the Celtics,
and the NBA to find out why we weren't getting games.  My provider credited
me 50% of the Pass, as I argued that we paid up front for something that
was devalued with no warning and no option.  I told the NBA they should
have given everyone free access to the channel until the end of the season,
and worked on the arrangement in the meantime, and while the lady I spoke
to agreed, she couldn't do anything.  They're actively trying to reach an
agreement with the other carriers.

My best advice is to call the NBA and your carrier and express your
displeasure to them, making it clear that satellite is, after all, cheaper,
and they already have an agreement to carry the channel.

I've reviewed the game from the printed NBA.com ticker and will have it up
on Monday, if all goes well--it's been a bad couple of weeks.