The prodigal son has returned

Us fundamentalists sure prefer we did it a different way. However, it sure it
sweet to watch them squirm when the trick shot (the three point shot) is
working. Just a great win. I have to throw Obie a bone here...

Vin has really had a spring in his step and is really looking for his shot.
He still has a few events where he is looks ridiculous but you have to admit
that he has improved...

A couple of Celtic tidbits. I have noticed over the years how Danny Ainge has
kind of disassociated himself from the Cs? Now he got traded while we still
had championship aspirations and that may have hurt him or maybe he felt like
an outsider since everyone wanted to remember back to a Big Three event and I
can't remember him with a game winning shot or play. In fact, I can't
remember a particular Ainge moment other than the two fights (the Tree
Rollins biting and the time Sedale Threatt shoved Danny around the head so
hard that fell to the ground dizzy). Danny was always like Bird's little
brother.

Well, I have noticed that Danny seemed to view himself as a Sun during his
broadcasting. Now, I know it wasn't that long ago that he coached and played
there. In fact, he wore a Sun uniform when he did his three point contest
with Kenny Smith during the All-star break. But during the three-on-three
contest, Magic got on Ainge (in fun) for rooting against the LA team saying
he has never gotten over the Laker-Celtic rivalry and is still whining (the
way that we all know that Danny can). Well, during the Portland/Celtic game
and the Cs were wrapping it up, Danny turns John Thompson (also a former
Celtic) and says, "Sure makes you proud to be a Celtic, huh John. You were
one too." I was amazed. Danny outed himself a true Celtic, leaving behind
the supposed objective view that national broadcasters are supposed to have.
I couldn't have been more proud of Danny, the prodigal son. Let's kill the
fatted calf...

In that same vein, NBA.com had a WEEI guest on the phone the other night and
they discussed how Tommy has become so beloved in Celticville and he now has
a cult following. They spoke of how Tommy has become like Johnny Most and how
he has a linkage to the Cs throughout their history. I think it is great.  I
will also SMUGLY point out that I wrote something similar to this about a
month ago....

DJessen33