Re: No more excuses

From : "Thomas Murphy" < tfmiii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >

Some might call it consistency but a more accurate term may be Pollyanna-ish
obstinacy - particularly in the way you are always trying to flaunt your
virtue in contrast to Dan. Please, start flogging another horse?
While we're offering opinions on other listers, let me characterize you for a minute, Thomas. Your insistence that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a Pollyanna-esque, green-colored-glasses moron is not appreciated. To ask someone other than the hordes of "[insert name of celtics or management] sucks" to stop flogging a dead horse is unbelievable.

(BTW I don't remember Dan ever saying this crew would win us a
championship - which is in effect all he is saying now - so although his
tone may have changed I don't sense a great sea-change in his over-all
outlook, but then if it is all that important to your mental peace perhaps
he could comment on that better.)
While I pay little attention to "four-lines-of-text arranged incomprehensibly", I can see you pay even less.

And yes, as was the case with Pitino, Dan is right. This list is ultimately
supposed to be a discussion (not just cheerleading) about the Cs, right?
If by "discussion" you mean people saying people "suck", you're apparently right.

Neither the Coach
nor the GM are capable of getting us to #17: truly a Brain-Dead-Trust. Sad
but true... so what you gonna do? Face facts or try and poke rhetorical
holes in 3-pt competitions and other contributor's "consistency"?
I'm so glad y'all have nailed down the season. In fact, it eliminates the annoying need to watch the games. This list may be for "discussion", but it seems that the most vehement down-and-outers don't like when they get challenged. We can only discuss what some feel is right, not anything else.

Sorry for the sharp tone, but I've grown tired of the petty and at times
snippy attitude of some of the contributions lately - not that I've done
much to counteract that - and although this post will in the short run
probably only provoke more backbiting ...
I also apologize for my sharp tone. Also like you, I won't actually let that stop me from posting this. See, this way, like you, I get to seem like I'm taking the high ground, but I get to sling the mud, at the same time. If you don't like the backbiting, you could try not engaging in it.

I think the key is to focus on
discussing our opinions concerning what is happening with the Cs not on
which contributor to the list is right or wrong or a true fan or a coyote.
I agree. But I'd also say that it would be good not to focus on which listers are morons for not "seeing the light".

And as to the charge that "I'm just perpetuating the griping that I'm
complaining about" - well, to change the tone you got to start somewhere,
and to gripe about your constant use of reductive, personalized attacks
seemed to be about the best place.
This could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. By griping, you will somehow cease all the griping. Brilliant.

Sorry for any hard feelings.
Gee, me, too.

Oh, and while I'm at it I might as well say: "repeated use of stupid and
tasteless tag-lines delenda est"
Aw, don't like it? That's a shame. Good thing I'm put on this earth to satisfy you. Oh, wait, I'm not.

I also think that Paul Gaston should be destroyed.

Bird