Re: article and the SG situation

Kestas wrote:

Also, whom do you think Obie will start in Pierce's place tonight:

--- --- ---

It has to be Kedrick or McCarty, right? I don't think even Obie is crazy
enough to start a Bremer-Delk backcourt against the Blazers. I mean, he
loves small lineups, but that backcourt would get killed.

I'm hoping it's Kedrick. Like you said, if it doesn't happen now-when Pierce
is out and the matchups dictate a big guard-then it's just not going to
happen. I don't think Kedrick's DNP-CD the other night was a dig at Antoine.
Kedrick wasn't playing before the break either. But I think Obie's comment
about the Blazers not trapping in the post is revealing. I think he's saying
there might not be as many open 3-point shots as usual, so Kedrick's
weakness out there won't be so glaring. I hope that's what he's saying. But
when did any defense ever stop us from launching 3-pointers? On Kedrick...
he might not even be the best JC guy in the building tonight. Portland's
Qyntel Woods, the rookie they drafted last summer, has shown some flashes
already this season.

My hunch is Kedrick, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's Walter. And it would
be hard to blame Obie, I guess. Walter has been playing well at whatever
position they've used him. The only other option is inserting Grant Long
with Battie and Walker on the front line, which Obie has done for brief
stretches. But I don't see him going that direction.

Mark

P.S. Can anyone remember a weirder game than Tuesday's game in Seattle?
Celts may have played their best half of basketball in the first half, then
played their worst half in the second half. We've all seen momentum shifts
and everything, but that wasn't just momentum. It was weird. Walter's
offensive rebound was the biggest play of the game, although Antoine's
half-hooks were huge. If Antoine valued every possession like he does those
at the end of a game, do you think he'd hoist so many bad shots?