No more excuses

Yesterday was a sea-change day for me. The Seattle game was an opportunity to
throw away all of the excuses. PP down and Battie down and we need
athleticism and scoring. Obie's solution is to not play Vin or Brown in the
second half  when they really needed them. I am now ready to join the ranks
of questioning all moves from the 2001 draft on. It has been a 1 and 1/2 and
it is reasonable to think critically at this point, IMO. Some already have
come to this conclusion so this is nothing new to them. It is just my time.
My reasons follow:

It is simple. We had Kenny and a backup center (VP) and 3 2001 no. 1 picks (2
of them lottery) and a 2002 pick. We now have 2 guard in a one's body three
point shooter in Delk, a backup center who is the 6th or 7th offensive option
who averages 18 minutes a game and a guy who doesn't play at all. That is it.
Based on the pure statistical facts and that Obie has indicated that this is
going to change, how could anyone not come to the conclusion that this was a
pure disaster?

I put the reasons WHY the players that Wallace has gotten have performed so
poorly  purely on Obie's shoulders with the exception of Forte who was a pure
bust mistake. But a big part of the loss in value was the horrible JJ for
Rogers and Delk trade. Wallace must be blamed for that and ultimately he is
overall responsible. Obie is responsible for not developing his assets but
ultimately, if Wallace is getting players that Obie refuses to play or
develop, then there is something wrong in the GM/coach relationship. Since
the GM is supposed to be above the coach, then ultimately it is his
responsibiltity.

The facts don't lie. Based on last night's game, we have nothing to show for
Kenny and 4 no. 1 assets. Delk is worth not worth anymore than a Jimmy
Jackson free agent type, Vin is debit at his salary base on how Obie uses him
(you could consider his contract as goodwill ;>)). I don't think Kedrick will
be used the rest of this year. At this rate, he could only develop into a
partial performer next year. Even if he did breakout in his fourth year, he
would be dumping us at first chance. This isn't what you expect out of a
lottery pick, a return four years from now. You can sign someone else's free
agent four years from now. Who knows what you got then.

I personally feel both Vin and Brown can be valuable members to this flawed
team. But Obie had the perfect chance last night and he showed what he
thinks. Therefore, someone must be held accountable. Either Wallace totally
screwed up every time, Wallace is partially to blame and the rest is Obie for
not developing or playing  or there is something wrong in the GM and coach
relationship. No more excuses. I no longer think things are going to change
with Vin and Brown the way Obie is playing them. We are past the half way
point....

DJessen33