Re: on the Mark

OK. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that you can't just disagree with
someone without being condescending to them. Like I said, a lot of people
disagree on this list, and that's what makes it great. It's your tendency to
attack not just the message, but the messenger, that is starting to rub me a
little raw. Like I said, maybe it's just me. I know I come across as a
know-it-all. I try not to, but I usually fail miserably. Just ask my wife.
But as much as I may disagree with someone's point and absolutely believe
I'm right, I still try to keep it on topic and not about the person posting
the opinion. I think with you, it's just the opposite.

I've been on the list for a long time and have had some spirited debates,
but I hope I've never belittled anyone with the tone of my posts. Joe and I
couldn't disagree more about some things-like Antoine-but I absolutely
respect his opinion and his right to it, and I think he feels the same way
about my opinion and my right to it. Same with Paul M. (I knew a good
Antoine rant could bring you out of hibernation, Paul).

But I've already wasted more time on this than I should have. Go ahead and
condescend to your heart's content. I've had my rant.

Mark

--- --- ---

Bird wrote:

No problem. In the same vein, I enjoy your viewpoint that anyone who
disagrees with you is either blind or stupid or an ass. Gene can say that he
won't renew his League Pass until Antoine Walker retires, but no one can
respond in a similar, over-the-top, way? Because only outrageous statements
that *you* agree with can be taken seriously, perhaps? My point was that, if
I ever get so "old" (or fed up, with, or whatever) as to not want to watch
the team, I'd rather end my (basketball) existence. Gene must be pretty fed
up, and that's ok, but it kinda seems silly to me to base your watching the
team you're a fan of because of one guy. One guy who doesn't seem that bad
to me.

I like your postings, Mark. When they are less full of just plain bitching
and whining (though, obviously, we're all entitled to our share of that) and
more of your peculiar (and informative) slant on basketball and the Celtics.
If you don't like mine, that's your damn problem.