Re: on the Mark

Bird wrote:

[sarcasm] Nope, all those stats and evidence and such only get in the the
way. I'm much more interested in the subjective impressions of people I
don't even know. All this discourse that relies on evidence to convince the
audience is a bunch of hoo-hah. [/sarcasm]

******You don't want subjective impressions of people you don't know? Then
go study stat sheets, because you're in the wrong place. This is a list for
subjective impressions. What you really mean, of course, is you're not
interested in subjective impressions of people you don't agree with. But
that's just my subjective impression.

And Bird wrote:

It *is* nice to see some written evidence other than Frank Hughes or Bill
Simmons from the "Dis Vin" crowd. Didn't read the article, because I've
really had my fill of the topic of Vin Baker. Actually, I want to know
what's really going on, and I'm annoyed at the speculation and lack of
coherent information in the media, or, really, anywhere. But maybe, just
maybe, if you post enough to some sports, email list, it'll translate into
some actual real-world action. Don't hold your breath. though.

*******Ah, you didn't read the article, but you're annoyed at the
speculation and lack of coherent information... Again, sounds like you're
annoyed by the lack of information that you agree with. I tell you what, as
soon as you find that complimentary piece on the courageous, warrior-like
Vin Baker, why don't you post it to the list and straighten everything out?
I'd restate my point about the media (not email lists) drawing attention to
Wallace's failings, but I suspect you got it the first time.

And Bird wrote some more:

No offense, but when I get that old, I'm just gonna go off in a corner and
shoot myself. And y'all talk about us not "accepting reality"?

*******Oh, for a time machine.

There are a lot of great people on this list. Most agree on some things and
disagree on others-strongly. And that's great. Then there are a few who are
patronizing, condescending asses. Congratulations, Bird, on being one of the
few, the proud...

Mark