Walker and threes..and refs.

> Why is it strange? Don't you think there's some correlation? Toine was the
> only
> contestant whose 3-pt shooting percentage is below 40%. He was a full 5
> percentage points worse than any other contestant, and his score was the
> lowest
> by far.

Yeah..Walker shoots too many threes..

What is new? <g> We have known that for years now. He is a better shooter
then he showed though...and in my estimation he is one of the best at making
the - really hard way beyond the line with someone in your face kinda three.
Of course that may be his real problem. :P

You know what your getting with Walker and Pierce. Pierce will continue to
come on and increase his shooting percentage. It's up to .406 and I bet he
will finish around .43 percent, which isn't bad with all the threes he takes.
Walker will continue to brick shots but every now and then will put together
some dominant games in which he looks better then EVERYONE out there..even
Pierce.

I don't particularly care for the Celts offense, but they are better then a
.500 team.
As Parcells would say..you are what you are. And the Celts are five games
over .500. If they finish at 46 - 36 ..that's not too bad. I think they will
win 48 games like I predicted though.

And..
The Celts are very dangerous in the playoffs. Sure its entirely forseeable
that will lose in the first round. But I can easily see them making the
finals.

They should play Kedrick 20 -25 minutes like Walker wants though. It's
important that Kedrick establishes himself as a "defensive player" in the
eyes of the ref's. We need him to cover the likes of Hamiliton, Stackhouse,
McGrady, Jefferson and maybe even Kobe.

One thing that even the casual observer of the NBA realizes..is that the
ref's don't actually call the game AT ALL. They simply call what they think
should happened based on a players reputation and the reputation of the
defender. For example E. Strickland can get a charge because if he steps in
front of someone he is a good defensive player and he was probably there. If
McGrady or Allen Iverson misses a layup he HAD to have been fouled...there is
no other explanation...unless say Shaq bothered his shot. If say Sundov
bothered his shot..its an automatic foul.

I think they see maybe 3 out of 10 plays...and the rest they just go on this
reputation score.... So Kedrick better play...or we are sunk, IMHO. No way
the Celts make the finals unless this guy comes through.

Pete