> How many years did it take for Kenny Anderson to contribute to this team?
> Was it his third or fourth year before he contributed?  Obviously, Vin
> doesn't have that long, but clearly Delk was a throw-a-way guard last
> summer--he only began to show something this year.  The chemistry on this
> team, with Obie as coach, is so unique and so frustrating.  I don't expect
> much more than we have achieved with our present "offense."  Not that
> there's any point to my rambling, either.  Gene

Well..
We have had this debate before..so I won't go into it too much statistic
wise.

Kenny's performance last year was pretty close to the same numbers he every
year he was over here, with the exception of his injured/ out of shape year
that he had two years ago.

While Kenny did help the team..his play was relatively consistent in the
years he had been here. Some folks will disagree and claimed Kenny played
"defense" for the first time. But I think thats just because the Harter
system fit him so much better then the Pitino trapping and pressing scheme..

The team really jumped forward because of the play of Walker, Pierce and most
notably Battie.

Battie has developed tremendously from the time he came here in the trade.
Its a shame his knee gives him so much trouble.

But I mean he just KILLED that center Seattle has..and is capable of just
destroying a number of higher paid centers around the league.

So no...Kenny was contributing  well before last year. Actually most careful
Kenny observers feel that he was his best RIGHT after he was traded to us. He
put on some real shows when he first got here. Though his abuse of Damon
Jones in the Detroit series was pretty sweet.

Also I should mention that Kenny's salary looks bargain like compared to Vin.
Vin needs to do  one of three things:

1) Retire
2) Renegotiate his salary.
3) Grin and bear it.

The reason why everyone hates Vin Baker is that he is vastly overpaid.
So if he just pulled a Shawn Kemp and redid his deal the Celts would be in
fine shape. Then again its hard to give up 15M!!! That's like a lottery check
every year.

But if he doesn't want to pay the price he has to learn to deal with the
criticism and just sit on the end of the bench. There is nothing to be
depressed about..if he wants to rip of the fans that his choice.

Personally I am hoping VIn comes through with choice 1 or 2. If he
renegotiates to say 5mil a year he would be seen as a hero in NE, I think.
Maybe he could persuade Gary to come on board and cut his salary to make room
for him. :P

Pete