From: Celtic4Hire@aol.com [mailto:Celtic4Hire@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 8:45 PM
To: berrym@BATTELLE.ORG; celtics@igtc.com; celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: More on Baker, from Seattle, and it's not good

The deer is weakened by the winter storm and has difficulty traversing in
the deep snow. One scruffy coyote spots the deer and bites him from behind.
See the blood spatter on the snow. See more coyotes come running. More and
more coyotes come, jumping on the back on deer, forcing it to the ground.
They rip and shred flesh, grinning as the blood drips from their hungry
fangs. The sleek and gentle deer is no more....

DJessen33

<See, this is why it matters. This is what Vin Baker does. And this is
exactly why O'Brien was smart to not try to force-feed Baker minutes he
didn't deserve. He knew Baker couldn't be counted upon, and he didn't want
to give the rest of the team the easy scapegoat. The guy is a team-wrecker.
That's why all this matters. Because it's only going to get worse. O'Brien
should park him at the end of the bench.

Mark

P.S. One more thing... Professional sports are a brutal, hard, competitive,
dog-eat-dog world. It's not built for the weak-minded. Someone may be
perfectly nice away from the game, but that same niceness is a weakness on
the court. And someone may be a complete ass off the court, and those same
qualities make him a heck of a player on it. Baker is getting eaten alive.
You can hear it in the voices of guys like Cedric Maxwell and Bill Walton.
Some guys are warriors, some are weak. Vin is weak, and there are few things

worse in sports. Of course, none of this was a secret-to anyone but Chris
Wallace.>