Paul Pierce, Walker and Seattle victory

> I only get to see the Cs national telecasts.  An observation though:  on
> those broadcasts, Walker has really played within himself, and I've been
> surprisingly impressed with his game.  Seemed better than Pierce, who's
> looked out of it in those national broadcasts.

Yes.. I don't think your getting the full picture at all.

Pierce is a more efficent scorer, a better rebounder and a better assist man.
Walker is an important player for the Celtics to be effective though..and he
is capable of "taking over" a game like Pierce. That's why he makes the
All-Star game. Walker is an AMAZING bad shot maker when he gets hot.

But to put things in perspective... Walker is like 98th in points per shot,
and Pierce is only 28th. Pierce had just an amazing game in his triple double
game vs. the magic. The Celts played really well on offense.. then. With
Walker back the Celts are streaky.

I think having Pierce and Walker on the same team just leads to many three
point shots. Pierce plays the guard/small forward postion so his three point
shooting doesn't hurt the team as much as having your power forward out there
on the three point line. Instead of generating fouls against the other team,
and pulling down offense rebounds Walker more often then not generates a fast
break for the other team. That is a problem.

The Celts would function better with a traditional point guard and a
traditional power forward. Pierce is a traditional off-guard and the team
should be built around him, not Walker, IMHO.

That being said if we had an exceptional rebounding center, and good
rebounding small forward we could work around the problem of Walker. That's
why I am always hoping OB will play Kedrick or Walter at the small forward
spot instead of Pierce.

Alot people were excited about the Seattle victory...

But I was not. I have noticed distrubing trends.. The Celts just get
manhandled my bigger stronger teams. They get destroyed on the boards and in
the backcourt when they go small against good scorers. Even in the Seattle
game I saw the inept Seattle front court get shots that we just don't get
because of the lack of point guard skills.
Bremer might be great compared to Delk and Shammond at the point..but those
guys can't play the positon at all.

We actually were able to manhandle Seattle. They were going with Radmonvic
(sp?) and have a very ineffective front line..that plays either to small or
slow.

Pete