the 2 picks

FWIW, I loved what I saw from Mike Sweetney in that
Syracuse game (7 blocked shots etc.).

He was the precise opposite of what I expected from the
raw magazine data, namely an undersized 6-8 260 pound
Danny Fortson/Elton Brand type NCAA rebounding and
scoring machine.

Sweetney has a great looking wingspan and is cut up
really well. If anything, he reminded me of Kenyon Martin
in his senior year, except with more height and mass. I
compare him to Martin in terms of an upperclassman's
grasp of the game, and polish on his post moves and
general intensity level. He seems taller and more
athletic than Elton Brand did at Duke, and just as deadly
a post scorer.

I'm no doubt overstating things. It was just one game,
and obviously this kid is more a pure production
rebounder in the Zach Randolph mold than a guy who'll get
you 7 blocked shots at the next level.

But given that Sweetney and Kirk Hinrich pop up as
possible Celtics picks in some of the early mock drafts,
he's someone I look forward to keeping an eye out for.
You never know with the Hoyas whether you'll get an
extended look at their players in March.

I was more eager to catch a glimpse of Carmelo Anthony in
that G-Town v. Syracuse game, but his performance wasn't
as memorable on that night. At times, he looks
interchangeable with LeBron James. Obviously, Carmelo is
a big time Big East talent.

I'm always a bit suspicious too, that Chris Wallace and
Leo Papile take an automatic pass on the Zach Randolph's,
Troy Murphy's and other traditional power forward types.
I think they learned from the Danny Fortson and Vin Baker
experiments that its a poor fit no matter how desperate
Boston is for rebounding. In that sense, I think Collison
is a longshot to be a Celtic, personally.

What the heck am I doing!? I've got to get some work
done!!

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?