Baked.

The Baker thing is strange. The team clearly believes
Baker mailed it in, and it's hard to see how this will
help his reputation for being unreliable or encourage
his coach and teammates to trust him. The way it was
handled certainly seems suspicious - agent saying one
thing, team saying another. Communication breakdowns
like that just aren't professional; O'brien should
have been informed early and fully.

On the other hand, I was very pleased to read that
Walker was sticking up for the guy. That IS
professional; that's what a captain and good teammate
does, IMO. And yes, I understand there are times a
captain needs to call a player out, too. But if Baker
really does have serious mental/emotional issues, the
fans and media need to put things in perspective; out
here in the Bay Area, it's been ugly to see how Barret
Robbins has been crucified after having what clearly
seems like a nervous breakdown requiring
hospitalization. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com