trade idea plus irrational venting

Walker and Brown to Miami for Grant and C. Butler.  Our 3/4 for a 4 and our 2/3 for theirs.  Riley is desperate; we should be.  I don't know how the money works out, but Riley would use Walker properly and we would get a legitimate power forward to match with Pierce and a second scorer; they get the potential of K. Brown.

I surely don't expect a major trade, and I do expect Antoine to be with us forever, but this one I would consider.  Baker is an albatross; if no one else wanted him before, why should they now?  Unless we get Payton this summer, the Baker trade was stupid.  We're so short sighted.  There must be a major fault line between Wallace and O'Brien.  But if anyone goes up front, I would wish for a new coach first--then a new gm.  I think I could make Brown and Baker effective players.  Why can't Obie?  Because he's Obie and because he's so short-term oriented.  This team won't get to the finals this year; why not develop what we have?  Paradox:  if the first four months were used well, we would blossom in March rather than be so depleted.  Easy for me to say.  I woke up at four and have time to vent.  Cheers.  Gene

PS:  Walker's been back for three games:  in the first, he was one for ten on three pointers, last night he was 3 for 12.  I don't want to hear any more about his basketball IQ.  Most of those on this list are here because we know the game and love it; we might not have been good players at all, but we know better than Walker--of that I have no doubt.  Still, I'm convinced he could be coached.  Bring in Coach Thompson.