Re: Pacer game

From : lapdoggy < lapdoggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 11:23 AM, bird wrote:
Maybe there could be another list for people who only bitch and moan.

If the team is going to be down 60 points on their home court they get what they deserve. They owe the fans to put out their best effort on any given night. That was hardly the case vs the Pistons. This team should be ripped as long as they continue to play half-hearted basketball. To make matters worse they sure didn't look like they had a lot of fire in them last night. Never during the second half was the game in doubt.
I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about people saying the team will *never* win anything this year, won't can't, win, because they didn't do what I think they need to do. It's not possible. The team sucks so bad. Walker, Pierce, Obie, Wallace, Gaston, blah blah blah.

And, actually, what I'm talking about is people characterizing anyone with a reasonable opinion as "an apologist". Can't say anything remotely good about the team (which we all know is a black void of antimatter that will never amount to anything), because that means you're just not seeing what's so obvious, so strikingly obvious that a child could see it. Here, let me post about it about a million times so we can all completely understand where I'm coming from.

Criticism is fine. There's certainly a lot to be critical of. I enjoy those who post reasonable, insightful critiques of the team, especially those who "spread it around" and don't confine themselves to beating a dead horse or two over and over and over and over again. And, again, it's a poor fan who boo's their own team. I realize the C's played unprofessionally and really badly. They deserve no congratulations for that. Fans deserve good (full-hearted, trying-hard) play out of the players. Players deserve not to be disrespected (cheering for the other team) by their "fans". Two wrongs ain't gonna make a right of the whole thing. Here, god forbid you say that an aspect of another, totally different, game was a positive thing, because then you get a down-and-outer who's just got to convince you that the team sucks, will never amount to anything, yada yada yada.

Bird