Join the *%&$in' club, Danny

Ainge in the Herald:

``But I'd be lying if I didn't say I wonder what Kendrick Perkins and
Brandon Hunter could do out there in fighting these guys a little more
with their bodies. They have wider bodies than our other players. But
that's Jim's call. He knows the players, and he always has to weigh the
strengths and weaknesses of all the guys. We like the width of their
bodies and their rebounding abilities, but there's still a lot for them to
learn in the game.''

I'm not as down on O'Brien as some of you.  I don't hate Waltah, though I
certainly don't love his game and think he's best suited as an 8th or 9th
guy off the bench (AS A 3, NOT A 4 OR, GOD FORBID, a 5).  I respect the
contributions Blount has made at both ends, even though I still don't
understand why he can't rebound a lick.  But it is just plain RIDICULOUS
to see the Cs get beaten on the boards, game after game after game, when
they've got last year's LEADING REBOUNDER IN THE NCAA _and_ a 6'10", 280
lb. behemoth with soft hands languishing at the end of the bench.  Why
can't O'Brien find minutes for these guys even in a blowout like the LA
game?  What does he think is going to happen?  Are they simply stashing
Hunter on the bench/IR for fear that the Bobcats will draft him next year?

<<As for the Hunter getting moved to the active roster, O'Brien said,
``The kid's been on the injured list for too long, so we decided to
flip-flop them.''>>

Because Perkins's tailor wanted equal time?

Happy New Year, everyone!

Michael Gooen