Re: Laker game

Dan,

I think you spoke 1 day too soon.  Waltuh and Blount were clearly the difference in last night's game.  If O'Brien takes this team to the playoffs, his job is definitely not in jeopardy.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:01:37 -0500 Dan Forant <dforant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do yu think OB knows his days are numbered and sticking it to DA's trades?
It certainly seems so. Someone said Waltah pops 3's because the Coach tells
him to. Does the Coach tell him not to rebound?

DanF

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berry, Mark S

cut
> It took Obie all of two weeks to coach Ricky Davis to stand in the corner
and wait for kickouts. Was anyone else frustrated at how much time he spent
stashed in the weak side corner last night? The guy is an electrifying
offensive player. Can we run a few plays for him, please? Is that too much
to ask? Speaking of Ricky... am I the only one thrilled with this guy so
far? He's playing within the offense, yet providing those uncoachable
athletic plays that the Celtics never made before. He's also working hard on
defense - he did a great job on Kobe last night - and rebounding and passing
well, too. I know it's still the honeymoon, but I like what I see at this
point. He's getting his 8-12 points each game without a lick of help from
Obie.

cut