Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] I'm starting to think we are now the best team in the East

I still think they will make the playoffs and with Pierce have a chance of winning a series or two. However, this year I think Indy is going to be tough to beat and I still dont see the Celts being able to beat the Nets in a 7 game series. That being said - in the playoffs anything can happen.

For the sake of discussion, I would through some counterpoints at you:

1) The Pierce Factor - I totally agree with you. As long as Paul doesnt try to do too much and after an initial rough stretch it appears he has gotten this and has more faith in his mates.

2) Baker in the Post - Baker is solid and can score. However, as was the case last year, the team has shown little committment or design to get him the ball where he can do some real damage. This leaves him shooting a great percentage but not getting the ball enough. To be fair, I dont think the Celts move enough to make tossing it out of the double team for an easy basket an effective strategy. With the addition of Davis and the developmento f Welch, this might change.

3) Lets not go crazy about Ricky yet. He is an enormous unknown and can easily sink this team if he refuses to get on board or cant deal with Pierce being the man. I am not saying this is going to be the case - but rather we are going to need to watch this over the next few weeks and see how things shake out.

4) I agree. Jiri is for real. How serious is his thumb injury? Last night, the ESPN crew mentioned that he is one hard foul away from missing a big chunk of the season.

5) Agreed on Walter. Same with James. You get some stinkas as well.

I just dont see a finals team here, even in the east. Indy having a real coach bodes well for them and the trio of Kidd Jefferson and Martin is tough on the Celts. I dont see anyone who can match up with KMart on the C's this year. If Jiri ends up being point, he is gonna struggle with Kidd. Could Davis guard him?

Sean

Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:

I just want to say that I think the Cs have a real chance to go to the finals this year. Maybe I am getting carried away with James, PP and Jiri being hot right now. But here is why is am so optimistic. They now have so many weapons:

1) The obvious PP factor
2) Baker in the post
3) RickyD can go off on any night and win a five games on his own
4) Juri's consistant shooting
5) You can expect a night or two when Walta will go off on the three point shooting like last night.

That is alot of options and allows you to go many different ways depending on the matchups. (Note the options if we are lucky enough to get Raef back for the playoffs). Also, I'm not noting any contributions from James or Banks since they are or should be the last options.....

The two other keys to continued improvement for the Cs is adding Mihm in for rebounding (who seems like a definite rebounding upgrade over Blount and Battie). If he could be our starter and improve our rebounding, it could really help us.

Second, if Obie could just get Banks to master the penetration of the zone, it could really help us and master our greatest offensive weakness. Banks can do it physically at any time and set up his mates, he just doesn't have it mentally. If he could be ready playoff time, look out....

Also, I heard Kenny Smith and Mouth of the South Barkley say they also didn't know what Danny was doing. All of these losers, including Toejam Laimbeer and Sixer lover, Stephen Smith, all predicted the Cs would struggle this year to make the playoffs PRIOR to Walker trade. Inspite of the turmoil of the trading, the Cs are in fifth place and THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT DANNY IS DOING? Isn't it obvious? Danny agreed with them and changed to team trying to get better? Also note that Dumars is now copying Danny's lines about rebuilding the team for a championship? Does ESPN just put on Laimbeer just to irk me? That smirk I want to wipe off his face! AAHHHHH.....

DJessen33

Boston Celtics' fans; looking for inspiration,intellect and humor.