Re: My thoughts on the trade...

    I join Mark and Kestas on this one.  Sometimes egotistic head cases can mature and become great players.  Davis obviously has the talent; maybe he'll grow into it.
    I can handle Kedrick's departure, but I still think he'll be in the league  10 years from now and will have a solid career.  I just wish he had blossomed a bit faster so I wouldn't have this gnawing fear that he's going to sink a 3 at the buzzer some year to oust the Cs from the playoffs.
     The biggest downside to me is the loss of Williams, but mostly because he is the team leader.  Maybe team chemistry is overrated, but it seems to me that EWill is the leader of the team.  Who will take his place?
     I also assume that IR will now be occupied by Mills and LaFrentz, right?  So Hunter dresses?
     On a slightly less important note:  I am curious about how a trade actually happens.  A GM calls a player and says, "You're going to Cleveland."  Does Cleveland have an apartment ready for the guy to move into for a while?  How does the player get from Boston to Cleveland?  Does he join the team wherever it is?  What if the player is on a road trip and gets traded to another team on a road trip?  Does he get a day or so to pack?  Do the teams ship his stuff to the new home?  Does he live in a hotel for a while?  If so, who pays for it?
    Finally, bad timing.  I saw this news come in while doing a jury trial.  It's tough to look judicious when the only thing I want to do is read my e-mail!  (I am now on a break.)