----- Original Message -----
From: "gene kirkpatrick" Subject: losing LaFrentz

> I'm glad to see that the brass have listened to the list and opted for
surgery and the future.  "He's worth four or five wins" could have become
O'Brien's famous last words had LaFrentz torn it up irreparably.  Not
playing Perkins now could be worth four or five wins, too, but this season
is about the future.  And there are 48 minutes in a game.  Figure out a way
and get the big man some time.  Also, McCarty should rest his weak ankle for
five games and give Hunter a shot.  Think of what it would do for the team
to see the youngsters get a shot.  That's part of the chemistry thing that
we need.

> Observations (from clips and reading):  James seems to be contributing;
he's not a lock-down defender and Banks could do several things better, but
James is playing an important scoring role--especially when he shoots less
that 5 threes a game.  Now we need to get Banks back to 15 minutes a game.
I do think we would not be hurt by giving 24 minutes (l/10 of our court
time) to the three rooks.

> Glad to see Walker help Dallas to a signature win.  At his best, he is a
force.  But I am pulling for Dallas losses to help our draft cause; I just
don't say that down here.  Cheers to those who endure (and enjoy) the snow.
I don't expect to win tonight; the Cavs are tough at home and we're due a
letdown.  But Philly and the Nets are weaker than usual, so our outlook in
the Atlantic is good.  Gene