Re: gimme a break

Josh Ozersky wrote:

Don't worry so much about the enemy being slighted.
O'Neal is a marshmellow.  I don't care what his numbers are.
If you are interested in defending him, I wouldn't bring up
his play for Team USA.  He hasn't done shit in the playoffs,
and that's the only way any player can be judged.

Well, I'm not his biggest fan, but he IS the best PF/C in the East.

Kenny is still a better PG than either Mike James or Banks.

The Hell he is!  I wouldn't let Kenny run my rec league team.  He can't run a
fast break,
he can't hit an open jump shot, and his defense isn't even what it was in
Boston.  Plus
he's a jerk.  Kenny has never really been a good point guard, even when he
could hit
his shots.

I know you've hated Kenny's guts for a long time, so there's no arguing with you on this issue. Again, I'm not a big Kenny fan, but he IS a skilled PG, albeit well on the downside of his career.

Sure sounded like a putdown to me.

why do you care?  Are you in the pacers anti-defamation league
or something?  I don't get this.

No, I just can't let what I consider to be blatant misrepresentations pass by. Sorry, bad habit.

I'm not counting on them, I'm saying that they are valuable roster additions
with lots
of potential, just like Darko.  I wouldn't trade Kendrick and Hunter for Darko
right now.
Even if I would, it doesn't make Detroit a better team in 2003-04.

This must be the first time anybody ever called Elden Campbell "tough."  And
Wallace,
for all his great defense and rebounding, still can't score on his own
shadow.

Oh well, I just picked a really bad time to extoll the virtues of Detroit - last night they lose to Cleveland, tonight they get blown out by Seattle. At least Darko finally scored. He's now averaging a lusty 0.2 ppg. Take that, Kendrick and Brandon fans!

Kestas
PS what the HELL were those puke-colored uniforms by Atlanta??? Are they trying to win by making their opponents queasy?