Re: Jerry Sloan vs. Obie

> (My comment... this is exactly my problem with Obie.
> Players come into Boston and get worse. Rodney
> Rogers became a spot-up three-point shooter. Same
> with Tony Delk. Now Raef Lafrentz and Jumaine Jones.
> Is he putting these guys in position to succeed? No,
> he's trying to fit them into already defined roles.
> Don't you think Sloan would find a way to get
> Lafrentz 12-15 shots a game from 18 feet and in?)

Exactly, Mark.  Hopefully, Wyc catches this...  When
was the last time somebody actually got better by
coming to Boston....let's think rookies....Moiso (Obie
didn't play him the last two games of his rookie
season...after the season had been decided--i.e., we
weren't going to make the playoffs....Moiso was traded
that offseason--for a first rounder, btw)...nope,
Moiso never got better; Johnson, Brown, and
Forte....I'm not even going to start....Bremer...well,
maybe J.R. got better....but then again, he got worse
right after that....Banks, Kendrick, Hunter....Banks
is getting better, but I think that's in spite of
O'Brien...and if anyone's interested, check out the
tape from the Denver game...Marcus gives a really
dirty look to O'Brien as he walks back to the bench
after being taken out of the game...I think there may
be a fued developing.  As for other players getting
better, Blount has improved alot, but I think that may
have something to do with being in Denver--they seem
to have a good basketball staff in place.  Well, I've
quit thinking..but I can't remember anyone who
actually "turned it on" after coming to Boston.  Maybe
that's why we don't sign many free agents.

In the end, O'Brien is what he is...a lemon squeezer.
He won't make players better, but will squeeze out
enough to keep from being thirsty.  But who's going to
change the lemonade into wine?

Ryan