Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Vecsey: Celtics Choke And Jimbo Showing Ainge Up

In a message dated 12/7/03 5:02:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jimmetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> >In a message dated 12/7/03 1:44:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> >Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:
> >
> >>Just amazing comments by Vescey. It is interesting how the NBA
> >>insiders and
> >>national media are picking up on Obie's ineptness....
> >>
> >>DJessen33
> >
> >******************
> >
> >They must read these two lists before they write their columns  . . .
> >and in
> >some cases directly lift portions of posts. :-)
> >
> >CeltsSteve
> >
> >***********
>   Now Steve, even we couldn't come up with anything as far fetched as
> O'Bie deliberately throwing the game, by not playing LaFrenz, to make
> Ainge look bad.
>   Those of us, who wondered aloud, why he stayed with a small lineup
> against Phoenix; joining Tommy Heinsohn, who made his comments on the
> air, just thought he was inept.
>   As I've said often, there is plenty of blame pie to go around, but
> clearly this arrangement is not working.
>   While I do agree that O'Brien has to go and I use the theory that if a
> team plays better before a coach has a chance to coach them, as the C's
> did right after the trade, there is something wrong with the coach, I
> also have little faith in Ainge right now.
>   I know I keep harping on this, but to say publicly that he won't bring
> in a veteran point guard so he could "force" O'Brien to use Banks is
> just beyond my limit of tolerance and obviously didn't work.
>   As it turns out, a veteran who might only be able to play 20-25
> minutes, like Anderson, Strickland, or Mark Jackson, would have given
> Banks more playing time, as O'Brien is playing James about 30 minutes.
> Since Banks would have had to practice against said player, it
> presumably would have sped up his learning, also.
>   This is the sad part. The team could have been very good this year. As
> usual, Larry Bird will get the last laugh.
>   JB
> Unchain My Heart!

Good points, JB. And I wasn't speaking specifically about Vescey's theory per
se  so much as I was responding to DJ's comment of the national media picking
up on O'Brien.

CeltsSteve