Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Vecsey: Celtics Choke And Jimbo Showing Ainge Up

On Dec 7, 2003, at 7:32 PM, CeltsSteve@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 12/7/03 1:44:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:
>
>> Just amazing comments by Vescey. It is interesting how the NBA
>> insiders and
>> national media are picking up on Obie's ineptness....
>>
>> DJessen33
>
> ******************
>
> They must read these two lists before they write their columns  . . .
> and in
> some cases directly lift portions of posts. :-)
>
> CeltsSteve
>
> ***********
	Now Steve, even we couldn't come up with anything as far fetched as
O'Bie deliberately throwing the game, by not playing LaFrenz, to make
Ainge look bad.
	Those of us, who wondered aloud, why he stayed with a small lineup
against Phoenix; joining Tommy Heinsohn, who made his comments on the
air, just thought he was inept.
	As I've said often, there is plenty of blame pie to go around, but
clearly this arrangement is not working.
	While I do agree that O'Brien has to go and I use the theory that if a
team plays better before a coach has a chance to coach them, as the C's
did right after the trade, there is something wrong with the coach, I
also have little faith in Ainge right now.
	I know I keep harping on this, but to say publicly that he won't bring
in a veteran point guard so he could "force" O'Brien to use Banks is
just beyond my limit of tolerance and obviously didn't work.
	As it turns out, a veteran who might only be able to play 20-25
minutes, like Anderson, Strickland, or Mark Jackson, would have given
Banks more playing time, as O'Brien is playing James about 30 minutes.
Since Banks would have had to practice against said player, it
presumably would have sped up his learning, also.
	This is the sad part. The team could have been very good this year. As
usual, Larry Bird will get the last laugh.
	JB
Unchain My Heart!