STOP THE MADNESS

Pretty depressing fishwrap articles today: Red saying it's not Obie's fault,
Peter May's callout for a slow point guard that nobody else wants, a high
probability that LaFrentz needs surgury, pressure building on Ainge,  Red saying
we need some big, nasty guys but we know that Obie would never play our own
Kendrick or Hunter, Ainge admitting that we may be a year farther away than he
thought because of youth, Battie having knee troubles again, a fanatic look by
the beatwriters for any kind of scoring help, the Blazer GM dissing the
proposed 5 for 3 swap that I didn't even like, Obie admitting that he hates to play a
player that can't shoot (see Kedrick) because teams don't guard them and the
trial ballons of perhaps our fate is sealed and we're lottery headed.

If this is a throw away year, then why can't we use it to develop our youth?
We have heard a couple of quotes out of the Logo's camp on their strategy:
West is into acquiring talent to have players to trade for a superstar and Hubie
is into playing 10 players to develop them for the same strategy. Shouldn't we
use that strategy? Yeah, we already have a superstar in PP and I would say
that Baker is every bit as good as the Griz's best player in Gasol. So maybe we
are closer than they and we need to go for it.  But they got a better record
than us in the tougher Western conference. So maybe it is the coaching? Nah,
can't be. And we don't even think that Obie could develop the rookies if we did
employ that strategy. (I will throw Obie a bone and agree that Juri and Banks
are getting time. However, I would argue that they are better players than the
other guys ahead of them).

That is what is so depressing. We are hearing we are bad not because of the
coach, it is because we don't have the players. Yet, we know that Obie
can't/won't develop players so the only way we can get them is trade for them or trade
our drafts (Billups, Mercer, Fortson, Joe Johnson) for someone else's players
that they have development. It is a never ending circle. STOP THE
MADNESS!.....

DJessen33