Re: WTF is goin on????!!!

With a nod to Dan F., other teams know the C's have a soft defense and they
save their intensity for the second half. The other piece of this is the
opposing coaches--they make good adjustments to their defense to prevent the
running game, which befuddles the C's leading them to revert to the hated
3-ball.

The most common adjustment for the opposing teams, seems to be the
utilization of zone defense--which the C's have had serious problems with
since NJ used it against them in the ECF 2 years ago. Since Obie doesn't
coach offense that well (or not at all), I believe the team doesn't know how
to appropriately attack it.

Now that Phoenix has used the press so successfully, Boston will continue to
see that as well until they figure it out.

Other second half problems: they stop running in order to "control" the
game, Pierce tries to take the game himself, and, as has been mentioned here
before, Obie doesn't make good in-game adjustments.

Somebody (other than Tommy and astute members of this list) needs to realize
that the C's cannot win playing the half-court game. (Hello, Obie!)

Tonight's loss has solidified in my mind the idea that things will continue
to spiral out of control until Obie is gone and/or another trade takes
place. But more on my Obie thoughts in another email, as this one's getting
long.

Rich D.

(awaiting the snow with rumbling snowblower)