Re: Ainge and Obie - oil and water

< if all that is true, why is Obie still coaching the Celtics? > - Kestas

I have a good idea of why Obie was originally extended, and have
voiced it many times.  As for why he is still with us, I am not sure.
Maybe at this point as a convenient excuse (scapegoat) for others?

The owners/management are just beginning to show signs of defensiveness
and panic.  If the slide continues (i.e. ticket sales head south), something
will have to be done.  If so, and I know this sounds crazy, look for Ainge
to step in as interim head coach.  Then everyone would out of necessity be on
the same page.
Egg