Re: It's the rebounding

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tammo29@xxxxxxx>

"You can talk about the three pointers all you want, Chris Bosh made our big
men look lazy in this game.  I don't know why O'Brien is reluctant to call
out
Blount, but it's obvious to me he isn't pulling his weight on the boards.
Baker has had some decent rebounding games, but he's never going to be a
beast on
the boards.  Mark Blount could be if he would put his mind to it."

Right on the money Tammo. A brilliant post that begins to address why this
team will continue to "lose pretty." O'Brien doesn't call out Blount because
there's no point. You can imagine anything you want about him but he'll
NEVER be a better rebounder than he is now. Some guys want to bang, some
don't. This is a team full of guys who simply don't want to bang. Vin Baker
is the perfect example of this kind of player. Nice offensive game. Nice
guy. Soft. Always has been. His nice numbers add up to nothing. Battie? Hurt
and done. LaFrentz? SOFT doesn't begin to describe how soft this guy has
always been. O'Brien calls out the guards because they need to rebound to
make up for the lack of toughness up front. There's nothing to be done about
it. Don't blame the coach. Danny's in charge.

Paul M.