Re: trades

Josh,

Where do you see more talent on the floor this year than in a long time?

Is this team better than the Celts with Kenny Pierce E Walker Battie and having Delk and Rogers coming off the bench?

This team starts Mike James (the 3rd or 4th guard on the Heat last year), a struggling Paul Pierce, Jiri (who isnt even a small forward) Baker and Mark Blount. That is not a lot of talent. Even if you move LaFrenz in to the starting C slot, it is still not a great team. When 3/5 of your starting 5 would not start for over 90% of the league, you do not have a ton of talent on the floor.

The idea for this team would be to simply plug in Banks and Jones to the starting lineup and play Perkins 20 minutes a night. This is not a good team and the only thing that comes from admitting it is playing time for guys who will help us be better down the line. Oh, yeah, speaking of idea, - fire OB asap...

Josh Ozersky wrote:

The thing is, the Celtics actually have more on-court
talent right now than they have had in a long time.  It's
downright criminal, especially given the current rash of
injuries, for Obie not to be playing Hunter and Perkins
AT ALL.  We don't need to import a scorer who plays
Pierce's position as much as we need a legit point guard
and a scorer who can complement pierce at the end
of games.  I wish we could somehow get hold of Michael
Finley.

As for the Celtics' need for  a second all-star...How about Vin Baker?  If not
actually an all-star, he plays one on TV, and is close to a sure thing down
low with the ball.  I'm glad Obie is
finally coming around to the truth we all knew even when Baker
was a bloated drunk.  The guy can't help us if he doesn't get
the ball!

Josh