A light breaking within the clouds

I was very encouraged by this game. Apparently Ainge's coaching tips for Obie
got through. The Cs looked for Obie and we actually looked pretty good the
whole game. The Raptors just went off. You just throw out this game and go onto
the next game. If the Cs had played this way throughout the season, they would
have cut their losses in half. Here are a couple of things that would help:

Obie didn't give PP his rest break over the quarters and played him through
until the 9 minute mark of the 4th. I prefer set rotations and minutes unless
there is foul trouble, regardless of who you are playing. I think Obie wanted
Kedrick in there to try to shut down Carter. But I want EWill anchoring the
second unit. This would allow them to run the same offense as when Baker is in
there. You go to EWill in the post like Baker and work out of it. Instead, Obie
likes to finish with EWill and Baker together and I don't think their skills
mesh. When Baker is in there, he is on the block and EWill is on the perimeter
which isn't his strength. So Obie, now that you have figured out that you need
to go through Baker in the post, you now need to go through EWill in the post
with the second unit....

Second, PP again showed his desperation in the fourth down 10 with about 5
minutes left and the PP show was on. You can't blame anyone because PP would get
the rebound, bring down the ball and you know the rest. PP has to agree to go
to Baker in the post even when you need a bucket or buckets when it is crunch
time and not try to do it himself.....

Thirdly, James has to realize he doesn't add much other than the ability to
pass the ball up the floor and the occasional three. However, the team does
seem more comfortable with him rather than Banks because  Banks can look
half-rookie, half-amazing. He needs to understand the quarterback aspect of his
position, take the ball away from PP and direct the offense through Baker....

Again, there were a lot of nice things in this game. Banks is building a
solid foundation and Welsch continues to look solid. If LaFrentz was hitting his
shot, we still would have been in the game inspite on the unconscious Toronto
shooting....

My 5 man units:

Starters:
James, PP, Welsch, Baker, Blount