Chad Ford on the Celtics Tailspin

Keep watching things in Boston between Paul Pierce, coach Jim O'Brien and team president Danny Ainge. The Celtics are in a tailspin, their offense is going nowhere and Pierce is getting frustrated with the team's inability to do anything without him. Insider wrote last week that O'Brien was one of the coaches on the hot seat. Here's why.

"It's very frustrating," Pierce told the Boston Herald. "Too many times we get stagnant on offense. A lot of guys depend on me to make a play every time down the court, and it puts a lot of pressure on me. We have to step up, each and every one of us as individuals, and not depend on me as much. I know I carry a heavy load on this ball club, but it has to be a team effort if we are going to be consistent and win ball games."

Without Antoine Walker, O'Brien hasn't been able to come up with, or the players have been unable to execute, any semblance of an offense that doesn't include Pierce.
"It's definitely a different flow," he said. "I don't think we understand how to play without me yet. I think that's going to be the key for us all year, because the good teams in this league know how to play without their star player in the game, and that's what we have to do because we're talented enough."