Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: CBS Sportsline Pacers Column

Hardoo,
I don't want to quibble with you. However, I will try to explain my
reasoning. My statements  of under achievement or on par are time dependent. I think
the Cs should have had a better record than what they ended up with in the
regular seaons, therefore, underacheivement in the regular season. I thought they
were better than Indiana (regardless of what happened in the regular season)
and did so in the playoffs, which is what I expected, therefore, they performed
on par during the playoffs.

In your argument, you seem to indicate you feel the regular season is a true
indication of the quality of the team. Therefore, if a lower ranked team
defeats a higher ranked team in the playoffs, it is a upset. I don't agree. The
regular season has many ups and downs and only give a very general quality of the
team. Everything is different in the postseason.  It is generally assumed
that if a lower ranked beats a higher ranked team in the playoffs, they were
better anyways since they won it when the chips were down. As the saying goes,
"That's why they play the game" (instead of giving out awards for the best
regular season record). I really don't think you want to argue that the postseason
isn't necessary to sort out who really is the best....

As for not believing that we have two of the top 25 players in the league,
both PP and Twan were in the all-star game and were selected by the coaches, who
should know. Do the math.....In your best Rodney Dangerfield, "Man, Twan
doesn't get any respect, no respect at all".....

Egghead,
Warning: Lower your humor frequency about 10 Hertz......

DJessen33