From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
CeltsSteve@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 8:52 AM
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oneal

In a message dated 8/30/03 8:12:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Eggcentric@xxxxxxx writes:

> I can only dream about Bird trading Jermaine to us for half our team,
> including Walker.
>
> Eggy

Talk about an about face.

A few years ago you waxed on poetic while vehemently railing Pitino at the
mere suggestion of trading for O'Neal; that his overtures to Portland for
such
an unproven player in exchange for three 1st rounders were ludicrous (one of
which was the pick that netted Moiso which in turn begat McCleod and 1st
rounder
from Philly that eventually became Kendrick Perkins).

Now you want to unload half the team including a 3-time All Star for him? I
guess your hearty endorsement these days of O'Neal says that RP was actually
dead on in regard to him from the get-go.

CeltsSteve