The Cs underachieved last year. Deal with it.

I believe the Cs underachieved last season. They were out of shape, out of
spirit and had the Baker debacle to deal with. I will grant you that last year's
team didn't have as much depth as the ECF team with Rogers, Strickland and
Anderson. But compare the size of Walker of last year versus the ECF Walker. The
ECF Walker is about twenty pounds lighter. The ECF team ran more (which isn't
saying much since last year's team never ran at all). Last year's team had
the ridiculous gameplan of either Walker or PP had the option of bringing up the
ball. The team had to deal with the questions about Baker and how he was to
coexist with the team. Other than major injuries to key players, things that
could go wrong last year went wrong. That was underachievement.

Still, we owned Detroit and the Pacers. People, Detroit can't score. Tell me
what they did in the off season to improve that. Get Larry Brown? A
seventeen-year old? A career making good playoff by T Prince? Doesn't anyone want to see
Prince do it his sophmore year and more than 10 games before they think he is
the answer to their offensive problems?

The Pacers lose an all-star center and Reggie Miller is another year older.
Yet they are expected to contend in the East. Who is going to make up the gap?
Is Tinsley suddenly going to find an outside shot and become a 20 point a game
man? Will it be Croshere's time for glory with Bird at his back? Can't see it.

What if Baker actually plays a whole season? Would that make us better? What
if he actually gives a 10 points a night? Isn't there a chance for that?
Shouldn't we be a much quicker team with Banks bringing up the ball instead of
Walker or PP? Not seeing PP dribbling the ball up the court gives us three more
wins right there. How about a Walker who isn't a pud who gets you two more
rebounds a night like he did on the ECF team? Wouldn't that add a couple of wins?
How about a Battie who isn't injured the whole year? Doesn't that count for
something? How about Kedrick? What if he actually starts to be able to shoot?
Maybe a layup or two from passes from Banks will build his confidence. Wouldn't
it be his time? Must we assume that he will continue to be a summer league
wonder?

Sure the Celts could have a injury that will screw up the team. But every
team has that same chance starting the season. If players are healed up at the
start of the season and aren't injury prone, you got to account for that.

The Cs underachieved last year. I'll say that Obie didn't help things with
his gimmick offense, overplaying the stars and substitution.But things went
wrong that amplified the lack of depth. I see things going right this season in
spite of Obie. At least, we have the same equal chance of things going right
that Detroit or the Pacers have.

For you handwringers, must everything be the same as last year? Do you look
in the mirror every day and say, "Same place, same thing"? You must be able to
rise above your chains of despair and realise that the sun will rise tomorrow.
Things could actually work out. People who underperformed can turn things
around. Last year's frontrunners don't get extra credit for past work. Stand up
with me and say, "Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty, we're free at
last".....

DJessen33