Re: CBS Sportsline Pacers Column

Finally I got someone to agree with me that Detroit overachieved last
year...As for Bird's three year rule, won't Obie's clock have run out by now? Perhaps
Bird had the courage to do what Danny couldn't. Now Danny has put himself in
a box by having to get the owners to eat 3 years and 9 million dollars of
contract before he could dump Obie....

DJessen33

<< Add to that Bird's theory that players
 always tire of a coach after three years, and he saw nothing to make him
 believe that hadn't happened to his old adversary Isiah. That had a lot to do
 with why Bird never wanted to coach longer than that. As president of
 basketball operations, it will be interesting to see if he uses the same
 formula.>

    <   Enter Carlisle, the chemist extraordinaire for the overachieving
 Pistons. He'll have more built-in talent with the Pacers and a front office
 clearly in his corner. Expect three years. That's the Larry Bird rule.
 Anything beyond that, well, we'll just have to wait and see. >>