RE: we don't need knight

Knight has seen his better days. Might as well bring back Dana barros.
Earth to Danny we need low post help!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Josh Ozersky
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 5:06 AM
To: celtics list
Subject: we don't need knight

first of all, he's not that good.  Second of all,
he's a defensive liability.  Forget him.  You
guys underrate what Eric Williams gives to
the team, I think.  He's our best low-post player,
one of our best defenders, and probably the
most professional, hard-working player on the
team.  He is overpaid, and if we could roll his
saved salary into a better man, I'm all for it.
But there is no question in my mind that we
need him a lot more than a back-up point guard.

Put it this way:  until Kedrick Brown's ankle heals,
or Brandon Hunter shows he can defend NBA 3s,
Eric Williams is the Celtics' starting small forward,
or we're in trouble.

Josh