Re: Rebuttal To Mr. Gooen's Comments

At 06:30 PM 8/12/03 -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:

>Goonies, Goonies, Goonies,

Aaannnnnd from the start, W/H takes a nosedive to the gutter.  Brilliant
plan, starting off the post by making fun of someone's name.

>If Artis Gilmore was planning to retire August 16 and
>knock $7 million off the Celtics salary cap, I'm all for trading
>for him too.
>
>LMAO at your cluelessness.

Oh, the subtlety is just amazing, how you manage to lose your mind laughing....

>Frankly Goon,
>If you even had a semblance of a clue, not even 3/4s of a clue, not even
>1/2 a clue,
>not even 1/10,000 of a clue, but just a semblance, you might better
>appreciate the
>fact that acquiring Wallace and removing the Sabonis contract would
>improve the Celtics.

Frankly W/H, I think the subject has turned more to depreciation than
appreciation.

>Sabonis, playing or not, is peripheral to the deal.  The main component
>is the upgrade
>of Wallace for Walker, and the cap space created at the end of the
>season. Hey,
>and a quick Sabonis retirement, even better. Can you say $24 M.
>subtracted
>from the Celtics cap. I know you can brother.

Can you hear the stunning silence as you put forth your
proposal?  Especially since Wallace is not an upgrade for Walker.

>So an improved Celtics team and cap space.  Only Anti-Celtics fans would
>be against
>that.

I'm sure some Uncle-Celtics fans are against it too.

>I think Mr. Gooen might be one of those secretive Celtics haters

As opposed to the more open kind of hatred practiced by others?

>As far as Riley and Odom, don't dismiss either one.   Odom is a vast
>talent waiting
>for a team concept and discipline. Riley can supply both, though, it
>looks like the Clippers
>will match.

When Miami is an improvement and the Clippers will stop at nothing to keep
you, you know your basketball career is over.

>And to be fair, you have to say, Miami has had two
>excellent drafts in a row, so Riley, despite devastating injuries
>and the uncertain Mourning situation has righted himself
>as best as can be expected for the uncertainties in play.
>Ray

He doesn't have to say it, you did.  The good news is, he doesn't have to
agree with it, either.

W/H, I've tried, really, really tried to be fair.  I've supported your
right to give opinions on the Celtics even when those opinions were of
questionable validity.  I don't expect you to be right all the time--or
even ANY of the time.  But I DO expect that you could disagree with someone
without sinking to such a low as to repeatedly insult someone who disagrees
with you.

Don't you realize that because of the way you behave toward people, you're
detracting from the basketball-related points you wish to make?  It's
reaching the point where you are metaphorically shouting into a void,
because no one will listen to you anymore.

Good luck with the universe, you're gonna need it.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle