Rebuttal To Mr. Gooen's Comments

Goonies, Goonies, Goonies,
If Artis Gilmore was planning to retire August 16 and
knock $7 million off the Celtics salary cap, I'm all for trading
for him too.

LMAO at your cluelessness.

Frankly Goon,
If you even had a semblance of a clue, not even 3/4s of a clue, not even
1/2 a clue,
not even 1/10,000 of a clue, but just a semblance, you might better
appreciate the
fact that acquiring Wallace and removing the Sabonis contract would
improve the Celtics.

Sabonis, playing or not, is peripheral to the deal.  The main component
is the upgrade
of Wallace for Walker, and the cap space created at the end of the
season. Hey,
and a quick Sabonis retirement, even better. Can you say $24 M.
subtracted
from the Celtics cap. I know you can brother.

So an improved Celtics team and cap space.  Only Anti-Celtics fans would
be against
that.

I think Mr. Gooen might be one of those secretive Celtics haters

As far as Riley and Odom, don't dismiss either one.   Odom is a vast
talent waiting
for a team concept and discipline. Riley can supply both, though, it
looks like the Clippers
will match.

And to be fair, you have to say, Miami has had two
excellent drafts in a row, so Riley, despite devastating injuries
and the uncertain Mourning situation has righted himself
as best as can be expected for the uncertainties in play.
Ray