Sabonis/Odom/Riley

Although the word during last year's playoffs was pretty clear that
Sabonis was done, and the trade rumors surrounding Sabonis (e.g., to
Denver for Camby) were triggered by other teams' desire for salary
reduction, perhaps this will be enough proof for Ray:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1594410

I'm sure I'm not alone in eagerly awaiting Ray's new suggestions for
"upgrading" the Celtics, now that Sabonis (not to mention the Clippers'
roster) are off the market.  Artis Gilmore, anyone?

Meanwhile, I'm chortling with glee at the offer sheet extended to Lamar
Odom by Greasus Maximus.  Apparently Riley has learned nothing from his
experiences with Brian Grant and Eddie Jones.  I'm not sure whether I'm
rooting harder for the Clippers to match (leaving Riley to preside over
Utah East, reminiscing bitterly about the days when he was able to attract
better players than Samaki Walker) or to stick the Heat with Odom and his
vaunted "potential" (which, of course, one can't spell without P-O-T), no
cap room, and nothing tougher in the paint than Brian Grant's Bob Marley
tattoo.

Michael Gooen