Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Chad Ford: Five trades we'd like to see

Although this version of a Walker trade to Chicago nets us Jerome James, a
player that I like, it really doesn't make much sense now as others have said.
Getting James after we already have Blount, Perkins and Baker as backups at
center doesn't make much sense along with putting us at 16 signed players.

However, this made me think back at the previous Walker to Chicago trade. Now
it looks it like it is best by far that it didn't happen (Walker for
Williams, Fizer, Robinson). First, the horror if had traded for Williams just before
he went down with his accident. But throw that out. We now have Banks, who
looks better than Williams. Brandon Hunter looks every bit as good as Fizer. And
Walker has been reported to have lost 30 pounds.

What if Chicago had thrown in their no. 1 pick? Well, Hinrich and Sweetney
have disappointed in summer league if we had taken them. Maybe the Cs would have
taken TJ Ford and allowed Williams and Ford to fight it out for the starting
position and with that option, maybe that puts the trade over the top. But if
the trade had been modified to include the no.1 instead of Williams, it still
looks like we are better off now having not made the trade.

But lets not forget for the picks we would have still had, 16 and 20. I will
make some assumptions and make the best case for the trade. What would be
better, Williams, Fizer, Robinson and Cabarkapa (assuming we still take Perkins at
the 20) or Walker and Banks?

I take a skinnier, motivated Walker and Banks....

DJessen33